Sunday, December 25, 2005

 

Dedication of the Trainees


December 25th meant a day of rest for the PAWB team. Arvinder (seen standing here) flew back to her family in Delhi, Khalida spent time with her family in Pindi, and I bummed around watching movies and documenting our last few days of training in Northern Pakistan.

In addition to rest for us, I pray that all the trainees we have met are finding more time for their own rest.

The dedication of the trainees is mind-boggling to me. They do and say things that are unheard of. For our Muzaffarabad training on Dec 22nd, one group of young relief workers from Bagh started their day at 2:30am. They walked in the bitter cold in order to meet up with other colleagues at 3:30. They caught transport at 4am and finally arrived at the training camp site at 7:30am. In light of such dedication, I felt that I could at least put in a little work on my 'day of rest.'

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]