Friday, December 16, 2005

 

From groundwork to fieldwork

My flight to New Delhi is today, and Inshallah, I will be joining the others in the first clinical team in Islamabad, Pakistan on Monday. The last two months of launching PAWB and preparations to work in South Asia have been blessings to me. Blessings because not only has PAWB consolidated dozens of relationships that I knew I had, but also through the challenges of the PAWB launch, I have learned just how resilient, flexible, and potent those relationships are. Thich Nhat Hanh speaks of Interbeing, and I feel it profoundly.*

If you can, please visit the PAWB blog every 4-5 days and see what our clinical team is doing. The website (http://pawb.cfsites.org/) may get updates, but the blog will be the key way to get current news. Your comments, ideas, referrals are welcome.

I want to thank everyone who came to the Fundraiser Luncheon on December 10, 2005. There were many others who wanted to come, and I felt them in spirit. It was a simple affair: expertly prepared food that had everyone asking for recipes, PAWB supporters networking with each other, and a wave of support that flowed into anything and everyone that is involved with the PAWB mission.

My gratitude goes out for all your contributions – whether it be running errands, editing text, giving funds, or extending the psycho-spiritual.
Siddharth

*For those who demand strict adherence to definitions, Interbeing is an English approximation of pratitya samutpada, dependent co-arising. It does not require that we be aware of it – it simply is what is. But it is a blessing to abide in it, and that is what transpires in these moments of great synchronicity and cooperative action.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]